Cornerstone Christian School first opened its doors in 1984, with 35 students. The school was founded by parents, educators and concerned friends who recognized the need for a distinctly Christian approach to education in Rockland County. Today, CCS serves over 100 students in grades transitional kindergarten through 8th.
At CCS, we strive to educate the whole child - body, mind and spirit. We are partners with parents and churches in helping to develop confident children with the education, character and vision to meet their world head-on. We want our children to have the awareness that they are very significant individuals, each one very special to God, each one marked for the Lord's purpose.
If you would like to know more about how you can become our partner in providing Christ-honoring education for your child, please contact our school office at 634-7977.
The primary mission of Cornerstone Christian School is to partner with parents to develop well-educated, spiritually mature persons, dedicated to Christ, equipped to contribute to His church, society and their own well-being.
This is accomplished through twelve major objectives:
- To provide a God-centered, Christ-honoring education with a Bibliocentric curriculum in a positive learning environment that promotes a Christian world and life view.
- To teach the Bible as God's inspired work emphasizing its application to every area of life.
- To inculcate pupils with a desire to know and obey the will of God as revealed in the Scriptures.
- To lead pupils to confess Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord, and then on to responsible Christian maturity.
- To impart an understanding of the Christian's role in the church and its worldwide mission of witnessing, evangelism and discipleship, and to stimulate interest and involvement in this mission.
- To encourage, support and give guidance to the Christian home, to aid families in Christian growth, to cooperate with parents in every phase of developing their children, and to encourage parents to understand and bear their responsibility of educating and training their children.
- To promote high academic standards and help pupils realize their full potential.
- To help pupils gain a thorough comprehension and command of the fundamentals of interpersonal communication with an emphasis on reading, writing, speaking, listening and arithmetic.
- To teach and encourage good study habits; to teach pupils to work independently and cooperatively, reason logically, apply themselves and fulfill their responsibilities.
- To provide activities designed to arouse curiosity, stimulate creativity, enrich understanding and foster an appreciation of the arts.
- To promote good citizenship through the development of an understanding appreciation of the American heritage and Christian tradition of responsible freedom, human dignity and acceptance of authority.
- To develop an understanding and appreciation of God's world, an awareness of man's role in his environment and his God-given responsibilities to properly use and preserve them.